OnePlus seems to be planning big things for its flagship, OnePlus 5T. The latest Oxygen OS update rolling out now has added a plethora of features and improvements, providing a new shine to the device. The update is currently available to those who enrolled in the open beta program and will hopefully see the light of the day the general users in the coming weeks.
Also Read: Latest Price Of OnePlus Smartphones In Nepal
This is the second batch of Android Oreo updates made available through the OxygenOS Open Beta program and adds quite a lot of features to the device such as a new Clipboard, OnePlus Switch app as well as several battery improvements. The changelog of this update is listed below.
- Launcher Updated to v2.3
- Drawer categories
- You can see new categories when using the search icon in the drawer
- Auto folder tagging
- When you add applications that are similar, our system will help you automatically name the new folder you created
- Dynamic Icon for Clock
- The Clock icon is now dynamic
- Notification dot optimization
- The Blue notification dots present to notify you of a newly installed app will now be removed automatically after 15 days
- Drawer categories
- Launcher usage tips improved
- Added some new helpful tips for first use of the launcher
- Optimizations for logic managing high power consumption applications
- Added a more intelligent background application management solution
- Improved power consumption measurements
- Various bug fixes and optimizations
- Added OnePlus Switch application for backup & restore
- Added the new OnePlus switch app so moving your information to a new OnePlus device will be easier than ever
- Added a new clipboard feature activated when copying information. You can edit the text copied and then choose to “Search, Translate, or Share”
- Improved experience when deleting files
- Added large file management function
- More caller information now given to you during incoming call notification
Also Read: OnePlus 5T Latest Price In Nepal
There is one small issue with the update that some third-party apps may not work properly with this update, so if you’re one the users who might get affected by this problem then it is better to wait OnePlus fixes the problems.
To get new set of features this update has to be flashed on your device using the instructions provided by Oneplus. However, if you have already flashed a previous OxygenOS Open Beta build then you can simply update to this new build via OTA.