(Updated:2015-2-22) Samsung has always something for every android user. Recently Samsung launched Galaxy Tab 4 series which has decent specs at a reasonable price. And now Samsung has Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 for those users who want a high-end Android tablet. But today we are going to talk about Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 comes with a gorgeous 8.4 inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. It has the sharpest display among all the other tablets in the market right now including Apple iPad mini with retina display. With an 8.4 inch super high-resolution super AMOLED display, powerful hardware, lightweight, and 6.6mm thickness, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is all set to take the crown of the best compact tablet from Apple iPad mini with retina display. So without any further ado let’s dig into its specifications.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 specifications:
- Dimensions: 212.8 x 125.6 x 6.6 mm with 294 gm
- 8.4″ WQXGA Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels
- Exynos Octa 5422 chipset; quad-core Cortex-A15 CPU and quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU; Mali-T628 GPU
- 3GB of RAM; 16 GB of built-in memory; microSD card slot supports up to 128GB
- Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz UI; split-screen multitasking
- Sim card slot for 3G internet (with voice call support)
- 8MP camera with LED flash; 1080p video recording; 2.1MP front-facing camera
- Built-in fingerprint sensor
- IR port with remote control functionality
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and MicroUSB 2.0
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Incredibly light and slim
- Some free premium content subscriptions out of the box
- 4,900mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 inch is probably the best compact tablet you can buy with your money in Nepal. Its 8.4-inch display, thin bezel, lightweight and very slim profile makes this device very easy to use and carry around. This is why I would prefer Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 rather than Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. Besides these features, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 comes with a very good battery life. You can get up to 9 hrs 30 min of web browsing and almost 13 hrs of video playback. Now let’s talk about the cons of Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. Like its big brother (Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5), Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 lacks apps and games in Google play store which are optimized for tablets. Also if you run many of its memory-hogging apps in the background, you will find some lag on the touchscreen, which you again don’t expect from the high-end devices like this. Also with some units, overheating is causing deformation on the back cover.
Now the BIG question, is it worth buying? I will say YESS. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 comes at a premium price but you get it what you pay for. Also, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 comes with 1-year company warranty which makes this device even worthy to buy in Nepal. So that’s it for now. Leave us your thought in the comment section below.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Price In Nepal: Rs. 57,200.00
*Price updated on 2015-2-22