After many leaks and rumors, Xiaomi finally unveiled Mi Note 2 officially in Beijing, China. So with the official announcement of Mi Note 2, we found some rumors and leaks of Mi Note 2 turned out to be true and some didn’t.
The new Mi Note 2, unlike its predecessor comes with a 3D curved Display on the front. That’s why Xiaomi choose to go with a flexible OLED display instead of the IPS LCD screen. It is powered by Qualcomm’s flagship processor Snapdragon 821 and comes with MIUI 8 running on Android v6.0 Marshmallow. The Mi Note 2 will be available in two colors: Piano Black and Glacier silver.
Unsurprisingly, the Mi Note 2 boasts some stellar specs:
- 5.7’’ OLED flexible display, 1080X1920 resolution, 77.2% screen to body ratio
- Two-sided dual curves: Front+back 3D curved glass, aluminum frame
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Quad-core 2.35GHz CPU
- 22.56 MP rear camera, Sony IMX218 sensor with f/2.0 lens, Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) , 4K video
- 8MP front facing camera , autofocus, beautify 3.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4070mAh battery, Quickcharge 3.0
Additionally the MI Note 2 also features full NFC functionality along with the global variant having full global band support (up to 37 LTE bands). The phone works with up to 6GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB UFS 2.0 storage but Mi Note 2 lacks MicroSD card slot.
There are three variants of Mi Note 2:
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM : $413
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM : $487
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM (Global) :$516
MI Note 2 will go on sale in China starting November 1. But regarding the availability of Mi Note 2 in Nepal, we have no clues at the moment. We will definitely update you about Mi Note 2, if Mi Nepal plans to launch it in Nepal sooner or later.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Hands On by Android Headlines