Today, ZTE has unveiled the Axon 40 Ultra with a 3rd generation under-display selfie camera in China. It is followed by the Axon 40 Pro which has a punch-hole design for a selfie camera. Let’s have a look at the specifications, features, availability, and expected price of the ZTE Axon 40 Ultra in Nepal.
ZTE Axon 40 Ultra Overview:
Design and Display
ZTE Axon 40 Ultra doesn’t bring too many changes in its back design department as compared with its predecessor. However, at the front, it comes with a 3rd generation under-display selfie camera that uses a new UDC Pro chip to make the camera area more uniform with the remaining display part. Furthermore, it is available in three color options: Black, Gold, and Silver.
The phone sports a massive 6.8-inch 10-bit AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2408 x 1116 pixels. It has support for up to 120Hz refresh rate (down from 144Hz) and 100% DCI-P3 color space. Likewise, the panel has 1500 nits of peak brightness and supports HDR10+ contents.
Axon 40 Ultra has three 64MP cameras at the back. The first is the Sony IMX787 primary shooter that has OIS and f/1.6 aperture. The second one is the Sony IMX787 ultrawide lens that also works as a macro lens. At last, there is a periscope camera which also has OIS and the zoom capability hasn’t been disclosed by the company yet.
Upfront, you get a 16MP selfie camera under the display. The rear camera can record up to 8k videos at 30fps and can also record 10-bit videos. While from the front, you can go up to only 4k at 30 frames per second.
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, ZTE Axon 40 Ultra packs Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. This has been a popular chipset as most of the top flagships like Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Xiaomi 12 Pro, OnePlus 10 Pro, and many more pack this SoC. The chipset comes with 3Ghz of peak frequency while having a base clock speed of 1.8Ghz.
The device has up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 1TB of UFS 3.1 storage. On the software front, it ships with MyOS 12 based on Android 12. Moreover, heating is handled by a vapor chamber with a 36,356 mm² surface area.
- Also Check:
Backing the phone is a 5000mAh battery. It supports 80W fast wired charging. Likewise, the phone has different sensors like an optical under-display fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Moreover, it supports 5G, 4G LTE, (2.4/5Ghz) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, and NFC.
ZTE Axon 40 Ultra Specifications:
- Body: 163.28×73.56×8.41mm,204g
- Display: 6.8-inch AMOLED, 1B colors, HDR10+, 1500 nits (peak)
- Resolution: Full HD+ (2480×1116 pixels)
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- RAM: 8/12/16GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128/256/512GB / 1TB UFS 3.1
- OS & UI: Android 12, MyOS 12
- Rear Camera:
- Primary: 64MP with f/1.6, Laser AF, PDAF, OIS
- Ultrawide: 64MP with f/2.4
- Periscope: 64MP with f/3.5, OIS
- Front Camera: 16MP with f/2.0
- Rear: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10, 10‑bit video
- Front: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Audio: Stereo Speakers
- Security: Fingerprint (Optical Under Display)
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G LTE, (2.4/5Ghz) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Charging: 80W
- IP Certification: Not Available
- Colors: Black, Gold Silver
- ZTE Axon 40 Ultra Price in Nepal: N/A
ZTE Axon 40 Ultra Price in Nepal and Availability
ZTE Axon 40 Ultra is available for pre-booking in China at a starting price of CNY 4,999. We don’t have any official confirmation regarding its availability outside China. If it somehow launches in Nepal, we expect the ZTE Axon 40 Ultra price in Nepal to be around NPR 119,999 for the base model.
|ZTE Axon 40 Ultra||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/256GB||CNY 4,999||NPR 119,999|
Also, Check our Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Impressions